Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Disclaimer

I want to set the record straight with everyone who has taken the time to read what's written on this site (I owe you all at least that much): I do not consider myself a successful trader, not at the present moment. Whatever tone some of these posts may take, please be aware that more often than not, I am preaching to myself from an alter-ego standpoint, in a voice which I am striving to make my own but presently is still quite some distance removed. This blog is basically my attempt to help stamp certain ideas down in my brain by externalizing them into a reference of sorts, so please don't get the idea that I'm preaching at you from a hilltop. Yes, I do have a number of years trading under my belt; and yes, I managed to extract a decent livelihood from the markets for a better part of that period. But for the past year or so it's been nothing less than a struggle, and as a result I've managed to lose something that no amount of capital can repurchase, and no trader can succeed without: confidence. I am by no means overly self-critical or pessimistic, and I'm always ready to give myself credit when it's due. But there's simply no excuse for my recent performance; for an individual trader, independence must be balanced by absolute self-restraint, as one must be able to hold himself accountable -- there is no one else. My failure in this respect cost me my faith in myself, and to rebuild this faith will be an arduous task. Self-betrayal is never easily forgiven, but nothing less than that is my goal, so set an example and forgive me this little unburdening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

webhosting
webhosting