Monday, November 01, 2004

Road Warrior

On those mornings when I've managed to accumulate a nice string of losses well before lunchtime, I can't help but picture myself as The Road Warrior, barreling down some desert highway while countless baddies methodically tear away at the battlements of my tanker-truck-turned-fortress-on-wheels. My mission: to keep moving forwards at all costs, remaining objective in my search for the next opportunity, even while bits and pieces of my account peel away tumbling behind me. Yes, I realize each trade is independent from the last; and no, the market is not concerned with my plight and certainly not "out to get me". But honestly, I'll be the first to admit that for most losing days, each piece that drops away does nothing to lighten the load but instead seems to slow me down and make the road ahead appear more precarious, as if my eyes were frozen on the rear-view mirror and seeing only the scattered carnage in my wake. To this day, my biggest struggle continues to be convincing myself that the wreckage is already behind me and getting farther away with every passing second, and that there's nothing else to do but hunker down, hold my head up straight, keep eyes foward and focused on the open road ahead, and continue driving on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

webhosting
webhosting