Friday, June 09, 2006

Uprooted

Sorry for the lengthy absence since my last post, there's been alot more "shifting" going on than I ever expected, both in trading as well as personally. For one thing, I've relocated back into the Big Apple, where giving up the car in exchange for unlimited subway rides seems the best trade I've made so far this month. Although the floor space is half that of my prior apartment -- with my monitor currently sharing a small slice of the dining table -- it seems a waste to remain too long indoors no matter what the square footage, with the city just outside your doorstep. In fact, since the wife is in the market for a new laptop I'll be taking advantage of the increasing availability of wi-fi around various city parks -- it would be nice to get a change of scenery every once in a while even as I stare at the same quotes and charts each morning. Unlike my last stint in town where I relished my swanky digs but sadly ended up pretty much a hermit, I'm going to make it a point to get out and live beyond my "sleeping hole", and take advantage of what we're really paying for in terms of monthly rent.

I'm not sure as of yet, but I also believe this new atmosphere of "uprootedness" will give a fresh perspective to my relationship with trading and the markets. In this business, it's all too easy at times to let yourself become totally consumed by the "flickering ticks", and taking a step back once in a while to re-orient yourself never hurts. Already, the city has become this constant reminder that there's just so much more going on outside compared to the "drama" playing out on the screen and inside my head -- it's now just that much easier to power things down and set this crazy game aside when needed.

1 Comments:

Blogger illiquid said...

Thanks!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

webhosting
webhosting